Tue, 09 May|
Not Yet Perfect Pottery Studio
Wheel Throwing Foundations (4 Week Course)
Time & Location
09 May 2023, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Not Yet Perfect Pottery Studio, 58 Duncraig Rd, Applecross WA 6153, Australia
About the event
Wheel Throwing Foundations (4 week Course)
Wheel Throwing foundations is a 4 week course designed to cater to the absolute beginner and those who have been throwing for some time, and would like to revisit the foundations.
The preparation time taken to create beautiful ceramics is an integral part of the process, and has a significant impact on your finished wares.
While we all love getting to the end product, embracing the slow, and paying attention to the details will greatly transform your work.
Over the four weeks we will cover the following components-
Week 1- Clay preparation, Wedging, Centring & Coning
Week 2- Making Cylinders, Clay recycling
Week 3- Making Cylinders & Vessels
Week 4- Trimming, Firing
By the end of the course you will be able to-
- Navigate your way around a studio with ease.
- Prepare, wedge and recycle your clay
- Confidently throw cylinders
- Have a basic unerstanding of the full pottery porcess from start to finish
What you will get
• Pottery tools to use during class
• Bisque firing of ceramic wares made in class
What to bring
• Yourself, an apron or towel
What to wear
• Casual comfortable clothes, short nails
• Remove all valuable jewellery
• Absolute beginners No knowledge required.
• Intermediates who are looking to refine their centering and clay prep skills.
Terms & Conditions
Tickets & Refund
Please select carefully when choosing your workshop date and time. We DO NOT refund or reschedule workshop bookings. If you are unable to attend a workshop, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person.
We encourage students to attend each lesson in the 4 week course as we do not offer replacement classes. In the event that we have a spot available in the next course a place may be made available for you to attend.
If requested for, all pieces made will be bisque and ready for pickup a minimum of 4 weeks after the course date. All participants will be notified via text when items are ready for pickup.
- Ticket type
- Ticket type
Secure your spot- 50% deposit
Remaining balance due at the commencement of 1st classPrice$260.00